John Plepel for Forest Park Commissioner

What is your vision for Forest Park? John Plepel is running for Forest Park commissioner and would like to use the site to tell you about where he stands on issues facing our village. However, he also hopes that the public will take this opportunity to voice their opinions, concerns, and views about the Village of Forest Park. Please join in the conversation.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Forest Park, Illinois, United States

Friday, March 30, 2007

Candidates Forum 3/29/07

Here is brief overview of my answers from last night:

Eminent Domain: I gave a one word answer of “No.”

Zoning Code: “We don’t need to revise it. We need to completely rewrite the zoning code.” I also discussed that we need to revisit the Comprehensive Plan at the same time to make sure that it still represents our “vision” of the Village. These two issues are too intertwined to separate.

Campaign Finance: I have not taken any money from anyone for this election. In the future, I would not take money from companies that wish to bid or contract with Forest Park because I believe it, at the very least, can be perceived as a conflict of interest.

Making Forest Park Safer: More cops on the street. I also discussed how having more families (vs. single professionals, etc.) brings more people outside during the day, hence more eyes watching the neighborhood (most crime is committed during the day, according to Police Chief Ryan).

Roosevelt Road: I was the only one who brought up an idea that hadn’t been discussed before: a hotel/convention development. This would bring a lot of tax revenue (have you ever read one of those bills) and necessary people to spark additional development of this retail corridor. I also mentioned briefly (I only had 60 seconds) that we would have to be very careful about the type of hotel development because the wrong one could attract clientele that is inconsistent with our goals for that corridor.

Madison Street: I discussed my previous plan regarding combining the two lots at Des Plaines and Madison to create a large enough parcel for a multi-use structure with parking and retail/restaurant. It could be a win/win for everyone.

Landlord Question: Discussed that it is a matter of code enforcement. I believe that we need to make sure our department heads (or someone at Village Hall) can handle simpler requests so that our inspectors have more time to inspect and re-inspect properties that need it.

Proviso: I mentioned that we should look into the possibility that the No Child Left Behind legislation has changed the landscape in regards to being able to pull out of District 209. The rest of my answer was basically the same as the other 9 people up there.

If you would like clarification on any of these, or any other issue, please feel free to post those questions here or email me at Plepel2007@hotmail.com.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day I was surfing web and suddenly I came across site called www.home-businessreviews.com I discovered how to begin my own home business and i was able finally leave my job where i worked one year, now I'm making up to 5K USD month. I was able to earn such kind of cash because I discovered some very cool home business opportunity. At website called www.home-businessreviews.com

OK seems that site owner at last found winner online business program which helped him to start his own best home business opportunity, so he finally decided to set up site and write about his own experience about earning cash online. It seems that he lost so much money before he discovered winner home business program which actually work. But which one? see at website below!
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home business ideas[/url]

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home