John Plepel for Forest Park Commissioner

What is your vision for Forest Park? John Plepel is running for Forest Park commissioner and would like to use the site to tell you about where he stands on issues facing our village. However, he also hopes that the public will take this opportunity to voice their opinions, concerns, and views about the Village of Forest Park. Please join in the conversation.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Forest Park, Illinois, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thank You For Your Support

Although Tuesday’s election did not go the way I had hoped, I have many thanks to pass out. I would like to start with Terry Steinbach, Patrick Doolin, and Tim Gillen, for their years of service to the Village of Forest Park. Although I disagreed with each of you from time-to-time on issues and approach, I always respected your passion and believed that you were motivated by your own perception of Forest Park’s best interests.

Over the past several months, and especially the last few days, I have received many kind words from countless residents regarding my campaign. I want everyone who has taken the time to talk to me, email me, or post comments about me on various local message boards, how much that has meant. Running an independent campaign presents some obstacles and can be frustrating at times. Knowing that so many people appreciate that effort is energizing, humbling, and serves as a reminder to why I wanted to run in the first place.

In the end, my efforts were not enough. No amount of name calling or second guessing will change the vote totals. Accordingly, I would just like to congratulate Mayor Calderone, Rory Hoskins, Marty Telellian, Mike Curry, and Mark Hosty for their victories. Throughout the campaign, I have gotten to know several of these candidates and have a lot of confidence in their abilities. We will all soon find out if my character judgment is accurate. It is now up to them to make sure that their victories are also victories for Forest Park.

Thank you again for all of your support.

John Plepel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your character judgement of each of the winners

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]HIMLhgQIAu[/url] - VRFXDyrw - http://yuxeflk.com

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home